A simple Southern classic! Okra is dredged in seasoned cornmeal, then fried until golden." - Linda Martin
- 4 recipe makes 4 servings
- 10 10 1/4 pods okra, sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 1 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1.In a small bowl, soak okra in egg for 5 to 10 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, salt, and pepper.
2.Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge okra in the cornmeal mixture, coating evenly. Carefully place okra in hot oil; stir continuously. Reduce heat to medium when okra first starts to brown, and cook until golden. Drain on paper towels.