Pork - Mushroom Glazed Pork Chops
- 10 ounce(s) cremini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 8 ounce(s) fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, cut into 1-inch pieces if large
- 2 clove(s) garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 4 (each 6 ounces, 1-inch thick) boneless, center-cut pork loin chops
- 1 medium (6- to 8-ounce) onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) cognac
- 1/4 cup(s) light cream
- 2 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
Arrange oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In 15 1/2-inch by 10 1/2-inch jelly-roll pan, spread mushrooms in even layer. Sprinkle garlic on top. Roast on upper rack 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, juices are released, and garlic is golden brown.
Meanwhile, in 9-inch pie plate or other shallow dish, mix sugar, 1 tablespoon vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add pork and turn to evenly coat. There should be no excess liquid remaining.
Heat 12-inch ovenproof skillet on medium-high. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat bottom evenly. When oil shimmers and is almost smoking, add pork. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until browned, then turn pork over and cook 2 minutes longer. Transfer to lower oven rack.
Roast 7 to 10 minutes or until barely pink in center. Transfer to plate; let rest.
To same skillet, add onion. Cook on medium 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add cognac and remaining 1 teaspoon vinegar and cook 30 seconds. Add mushroom mixture with any juices and reduce heat to low.
While stirring, add cream in slow, steady stream. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. When mixture bubbles, remove from heat.
Divide pork chops and their juices among serving plates. Spoon mushroom mixture over pork, and garnish with sage.
You'll also love
- Medallions of Maine Lobster with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Multi-Grain Blueberry Pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marinated Mushroom and Avocado... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Insane Oven Beef Ribs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- APPLE-STUFFED PORK CHOPS WITH... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Chile, Beef and Shiitake... 0/5 (0 Votes)