Macaroni and cheese cassarole
- 5 Tb butter
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 cups grated gruyere (8 oz)
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar (6 oz)
- 1/4 Tsp cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
1. heat oven to 400 degrees. Butter 9X13 baking dish.
2. Cook Pasta according to package directions.
3. Wipe out pasta pot and melt butter over medium
heat. add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2
min. Still stirring slowly add the milk. cook stirring
occasionally, until the sauce slightly thickens, 6-8 min.
4. Add gruyere, cheddar, cayenne, and 1 1/2 Tsp salt
and cook just until the cheeses melt. Mix in the pasta.
Transfer the mixture to baking dish and bake until
golden, 25-30 min.