Turkey Meatloaf with Fontina and Mushrooms
- Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 small leeks, white and light-green parts only, thinly sliced, washed, and dried thoroughly
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cup shredded fontina cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 slice day-old bread, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey (93 percent lean)
- Read more at Marthastewart.com: Turkey Meatloaf with Fontina and Mushrooms - Martha Stewart Recipes
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 31mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Working in batches, cook mushrooms, stirring once or twice, until deep golden brown, about 5 minutes per batch. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Return skillet to medium and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add leeks and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add to bowl with mushrooms and let cool.
Add fontina, bread, egg, and sage to bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Mix in turkey, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. On a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, use your hands to form turkey mixture into a 10-inch loaf. Bake until cooked through, about 45 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Turkey Meatloaf with Fontina and Mushrooms - Martha Stewart Recipes