Braised Veal Shank with mushrooms and shallots
Can be made 1 day ahead. chill uncovered until cold then cover and chill.
rewarm over medium heat before serving
- 6 T olive oil
- 18 shallots, peeled
- 1 pound button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves,chopped
- 2 t minced fresh rosemary
- 6 1 1/2 thick veal shank pieces ( 10 oz ea )
- 3 ( 14 1/2 oz) cans chicken broth
- 3/4 oz dried porcini mushrooms rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoe in juice drained
Adapted from google.com
Preheat oven 350
heat 4 T olive oil in heavy pot over medium high heat.
Add shallots and sautee until brown about 7 minutes.
Transfer shallots to plate using slotted spoon.
Add sliced mushrooms,garlic,minced rosemary and sautee until mushrooms brown.
Transfer mixture to bowl
Add remaining oil and sautee veal (salt,pepper and flour coated) until brown about 5 minutes per side
Add 2 T flour to pot and stir until golden, about 1 min.
Add chicken broth and bring to a boil scraping up browned bits.
return other items to pot(except shallots) and bring to boil.
Cover pot,place in oven. Cook 30 minutes. Add shallots,cover and cook another 30 min.
uncover pot and cook until veal is tender and sauce thickens.about 20 min.
You'll also love
- Red Hot & Blue Potato Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Finishing Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Tuna with Mandarin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Liver Sausage Spread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian Sausage & Escarole Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Ginger Fragrant Duck 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hamburger Steak w/Golden mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Steak with Warm Shallot... 0/5 (0 Votes)