Holiday Brunch Casserole
If you'll be having overnight company during the holidays, you may want to consider this hearty casserole. Guests will be impressed with its bountiful filling and scrumptious flavor. —Nelda Cronbaugh, Belle Plaine, Iowa
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded & divided
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, sausage, bacon, green pepper, 1 cup cheese and onion. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
In another bowl, whisk the biscuit mix, salt, eggs and milk; pour over the top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.