Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (GF)
Very good, moist
- *3 cups blanched almond flour
- *1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- *1 teaspoon baking soda
- *2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- *4 tablespoons melted organic butter, plus more for greasing the muffin pan (you could also use paper liners)
- *2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- *3 large eggs, preferably organic and free-range
- *1 cup well packed homemade pumpkin purée (or canned organic pumpkin purée)
- *1 cup semi-sweet, bittersweet or dark all-natural chocolate chips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. In a blender or food processor, mix melted butter, maple syrup, eggs and pumpkin until very smooth.
3. Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Grease muffin tins with additional melted butter.
5. Scoop batter into muffin tins. They probably won't rise too much, so you can fill the tins almost to the top.
6. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.