Jambalaya with Peaches and Blueberries
- 3 1/2 cups cooked organic jasmati rice
- 1 large organic red onion, chopped in the food processor
- 1 T. organic salted butter
- 4 chicken andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 T. organic tomato paste
- 2 cups organic free range chicken broth
- 2 Stalks organic celery, chopped
- 1 can organic kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz. (1/2 bag) sliced okra, frozen
- 1 tsp. organic garlic powder
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp. creole seasonings
- 1/2 tsp dried chipotle peppers
- hot sauce (like Frank’s) to taste
- 2 large organic eggs, scrambled
- cooking spray
- salt, to taste
- 2 cans sliced peaches in juice
- 2 pints organic blueberries
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Put rice in rice cooker. Cook on quick setting.
2. Heat large saute pan on high, add butter. After butter has melted and coated the bottom of the pan, add sliced sausage.
3. Saute until lightly brown on each side, about 5 minutes.
4. Add onion, saute for 1 - 2 minutes.
5. Add tomato paste, chicken broth, celery, beans, okra and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Taste for desired “hot” and salt levels.
6. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
7. Add rice to mixture.
8. Heat small skillet. Spray with cooking spray. Scramble egg. Add to jambalaya.
9. Serve with peaches and blueberries.