Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake
This coffee cake has a few layers to enjoy. A base of coffee cake, a layer of peaches, more cake, then a streusel topping and a basic powdered sugar glaze tops it off. If you wanted to go over the top you could serve it with vanilla ice cream but I thought it was just perfect as is. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined.
2. Pour half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine pie filling and peaches; spread over batter. Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over filling.
3. For topping, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
4. Bake at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over coffee cake.
You'll also love
- Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Raspberry Lemon Drop Martini 4.1/5 (64 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
Review this recipe