- 30 oz bag of frozen, shredded hash browns
- 32 oz container of chicken broth. Veggie broth works fine too
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz cream cheese (not fat free, it wont melt in)
1. In a large freezer bag, combine everything except cream cheese. Double up on your freezer bag and squeeze out any air to avoid freezer burn. Label it and put a date on it.
Cooking instructions: Thaw soup and place mixture in crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. About 1 hour before serving, add in the cream cheese and heat until thoroughly melted.
This is great with toppings of cheese, bacon, green onions, and sour cream
*note- I buy the cream cheese and just keep it in the fridge ready to go….it will keep for a long time