Apricot Upside Down Cake (WB)
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 16oz unsw apricot halves> drain, reserve 3/4 c juice
- use 8 apricots (use rest another day)
- 8 whole almonds, toasted >> put 1 in each apr half
- 1 T butter, melted >>coat bottom of a 9" round cake
- 1/4 c brown sugar >> sprinkle over butter, arrange
- apricot halves, cut sides down.
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c sugar >>>>>>beat together.
- 1 1/2 t grated lemon rind
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 egg >>>>add, beat well.
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/2 c cornmeal
- 1 t BP
- 1/2 t soda
- 1/8 t salt >>combine, add to creamed mixture alternately w/ reserved apricot juice. Pour over
- Bake at 350 for 30 min.
- 2 T sugar
- 2 Tfresh lemon juice>>stir together, drizzle over
- warm cake.
- Let cool in pan 5 min on wire rack.
- Loosen sides, invert onto a cake plate.
- Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
Cooking time 30mins