Turkey Marsala with Sautéed Spinach
- * 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- * 1 small onion, chopped
- * 5 ounces baby spinach (8 cups)
- * 4 (3-ounces) turkey cutlets
- * 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- * 2 slices prosciutto (1 ounce), halved crosswise
- * 2 ounces Italian Fontina, thinly sliced
- * 1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
Cooking time 25mins
Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Cook onion with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes.
Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and liquid spinach releases has evaporated, about 4 minutes. Divide between 2 plates.
Pat turkey cutlets dry and season with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper (total).
Heat butter in skillet over medium heat until foam subsides, then sear turkey until pale golden, 1 to 3 minutes. Flip cutlets over and place 1/2 slice prosciutto on each. Top with cheese, then cover and cook until cheese is melted and turkey is just cooked through, about 1 minute. Transfer turkey to plates with spinach.
Add Marsala to skillet and boil, scraping up any brown bits, until reduced by half, then spoon over turkey and spinach.