Banana Toffee Picnic Cake
This recipe is super easy! Use yellow cake mix for convenience, add in some toffee bits for sweetness and crunch, and make sure your bananas are ripe and sweet.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas, about 2 medium bananas
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 110mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
In large bowl, beat cake mix, bananas, water, oil, almond extract and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan. Sprinkle toffee bits evenly over batter.
Bake 33 to 40 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Store loosely covered.
Make cupcakes instead of a cake, and tuck them into lunch boxes for a sweet treat.
You'll also love
- Mango shake 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Honey Roasted Ribs 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- King Arthur's Carrot Cake 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Japanese Fruit Cake 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Lowfat Carrot, Banana, Zucchini... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Banana Cake (Dominica) 4.3/5 (18 Votes)