Large Pearl Tapioca Pudding
- 3 1/2 ounces large pearl tapioca or 1 cup large pearl tapioca
- 5 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 4-6 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate or any other good chocolate
Adapted from seriouseats.com
Soak tapioca in bowl of water overnight.
Bring milk to a boil in a double boiler over simmering water.
Add salt and tapioca to milk.
Stirring constantly, cook tapioca in double boiler for 1 hour or until tapioca is clear and milk is thickened.
Beat egg whites with 1/2 cup sugar until firm peaks, set aside.
Beat yolks with remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
Temper yolks with some of the hot custard.
Stir tempered yolks into hot custard, cook over double boiler an additional 15 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until chocolate is completely melted, stirring constantly.
Stir in vanilla.
Remove from heat and gently fold in egg whites.
Pour tapioca into a serving bowl, cover and chill.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Apple Pumpkin Butter 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Cranberry-Almond Biscotti 3.8/5 (58 Votes)
- Pear & Blue Cheese Flatbread 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
Review this recipe