- 3 large ripe avocados halved, pitted, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh tomatillos husked, rinsed, and coarsely chopped
- 2 serrano chiles seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons coarsely-chopped fresh cilantro
Combine all ingredients in processor. Using on/off turns, process until chunky puree forms. Transfer to medium bowl. Season with salt. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of salsa and chill.)
This recipe yields about 2 3/4 cups.