Pork Tenderloin with Stuffing
- 3 boneless pork tenderloins
- 1\4 cup dijon mustard ( I use honey mustard)
- 1 apple ( unpeeled) thinly sliced
- 1\4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 6 thyme sprigs fresh or dried
- 2 tbsp butter & oil
- 4 cups of mushrooms finely chopped
- 3\4 cup onions or shallots, finely chopped
- 1 apple ( unpeeled) finely chopped
- 1 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 cups bread crumbs,
- 1\3 cup fresh parsley, chopped or less if dried
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme or 1\2 tsp dried
- 1\4 tsp dried sage
- 1\4 each salt and pepper
In a large skillet, heat butter with oil over med heat, cook mushrooms & onions for 8 minutes or until liquid Add apple, carrot and cook for 1minute.
Remove from heat, add bread crumbs, parsley, cut each thyme, sage , salt and pepper. combine well set aside.
Cut each tenderloin lenghtwise, halfway through, open book like. Place between plastic wrap and pound with meat pounder or rolling pin, pound to 1\4 inch thick.
Place 3 or 4 strings on lightly greased roasting pan and place 1 piece of pork down and tuck the thin end under then stuffing then meat till you run out.
Spread mustard all over and arrange apple slices in lenghtwise (I used brown sugar with regular mustard or honey)
Place in 400* oven , reduce to 350* roast for 1 1\4 to 1 3\4 hrs
or until the meat thermometer registers 160*. Transfer to cutting board, tent with foil, let stand for 10 minutes
Pan seared onion and apples:
3 large apples
1 large red onion
3 tbsp oil
Cut uncored apples crosswise into scant 1\2 inch thick slices. Discard ends. Repeat with onions. In a large skillet, heat half the oil over med\heat, sear apples and onions for 1-2 minutes per side or until browned , adding more oil if necessary.