Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Onion
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 24 ounces beer
- 4 vidalia onions
- Seasoned flour
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Outback Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons creamed horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne
Adapted from google.com
1. for the seasoned flour-combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne-mix well.
2. For the Dipping sauce - Blend everything together well and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
3. For the batter -Mix cornstarch, flour and seasonings until well blended.
4. Add beer and mix well.
5. Cut about 3/4 inch off top of onion and peel.
6. Cut into onion 12-16 vertical wedges but do not cut through bottom root end.
7. Remove about 1 inch of petals from center of onion (You can place the cut onions in cold water for a few hours to help "open" them up -- just make sure that you drain them well).
8. Dip in seasoned flour and gently shake to remove excess.
9. Separate petals to coat thoroughly with batter.
10. Gently place in a fryer basket and deep fry at 375-400 for 1 1/2 minutes.
11. Turn over and fry 1 1/2 minutes more or until golden brown.
12. Drain on paper towels.
You'll also love
- Tomato Pie 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Kraut Kielbasa Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Sweet Onion Mac and Cheese 4.4/5 (66 Votes)
Review this recipe