Tarragon Green Beans
- 3 Tblsp unsalted butter
- 1 Large shallot (finely chopped (1/2 cup))
- 2 Lbs fresh green beans (trimmed)
- 1/2 Cups dry white wine
- 2 Tblsp corsely chopped fresh tarragon (plus springs for garnish
- Coarse sald and freshly ground pepper
1) Melt butter in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add shallot; cook, stirring constantly, until sofe and translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add beans, and gently toss to coat with shallot mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
2) Add wine. Raise heat to medium-high; cook stirring often, 12 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until beans are tender, 3 to 5 minutes more. Stir in tarragon, and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with tarragon springs.