Roasted Cherry Tomato And Fresh Herb Bread
- 2 pounds very small cherry tomatoes - (6 cups) halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 shallots minced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 2 ciabatta breads - (1 lb ea) halved horizontally
- Additional olive oil
- Additional chopped marjoram
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix tomatoes, 1/4 cup oil, shallots, vinegar, and crushed red pepper in 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish. Roast uncovered until tomatoes are very tender and juicy, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons marjoram. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Brush cut surface of each bread half lightly with additional oil. Arrange bread, cut-side up, on baking sheet. Distribute about 1 cup tomato mixture over each bread half. Bake until bread is crusty, about 10 minutes. Transfer to cutting board. Sprinkle with additional marjoram and freshly ground black pepper. Cut bread into squares and serve.
This recipe yields 25 servings.