a lemon and cream cheese dessert -- tastes like a cool & creamy version of lemon meringue pie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oleo, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
- 3-1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- If prefer, can substitute a graham cracker crust or a Keebler Shortbread Ready Crust for the flour and butter to lighten up the dessert.
- 1 - 9 x13 inch baking dish (can use a nonstick baking pan instead of a dish)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 115mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. -- if using the Keebler Shortbread Ready Crust then don't need to do steps 1-4.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and butter using a pastry cutter until a ball forms.
3. Press flour ball mixture into bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
4. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, approximately 15 minutes.
5. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and well blended.
6. Spread cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust (or graham cracker crust)
7. In another bowl, whisk together the lemon pudding mix and milk for 3 to 5 minutes.
8. Spread the pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer.
9. Chill until set (approximately 1 hour) in refrigerator
10. Top with whipped topping and cut into serving sizes.
Can add 2 tbsp of lemon juice to the cream cheese part and can use confectioners' sugar instead of granulated sugar.