Pecan Crusted Fish
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 haddock or cod fillets (60x each)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup pecans, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Whisk egg and water together in a large glass baking dish. Let fish soak in egg mixture.
2. Spread flour in a shallow dish, stir in salt and pepper, using a fork to blend. Spread pecans in a separate shallow dish.
3. Heat oil in large skillet or cast iron pan.
4. Take each fish fillet out of egg mixture and dip one side into flour, gently shaking off excess. Lay the other side onto chopped pecans, pressing nuts into the fillet.
5. Place fillets nut side down in pan. Fry about 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Carefully turn over each fillet and finish cooking 4-6 minutes or until center is opaque and fish flakes easily.