Farfalle With Mascarpone, Asparagus, And Hazelnuts
- 2 pounds slender asparagus trimmed, and cut 2" lengths diagonally - (abt 6 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- 1 container mascarpone cheese - (8 oz)
- 2/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts toasted, husked, and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Parmesan cheese shavings
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place asparagus on prepared sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat; spread in single layer. Roast until asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead; let stand at room temperature.)
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water. Return pasta to pot. Stir in mascarpone, grated Parmesan cheese, and asparagus. Toss over medium-low heat until pasta is coated with sauce and mixture is heated through, adding reserved pasta water by 1/4 cupfuls if dry, about 3 minutes.
Mound pasta in large shallow serving bowl. Sprinkle with hazelnuts, chives, and Parmesan cheese shavings.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Serve with: Italian Pinot Grigio arugula with balsamic vinaigrette warm ciabatta vanilla gelato topped with fresh strawberries