Grilled Sweet-And-Spicy Shrimp With Mint Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil plus
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds large uncooked shrimp peeled, deveined
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves - (packed)
- Metal skewers
Mix brown sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil, lemon peel, cayenne pepper, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Let marinate 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
Meanwhile, place mint, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, and remaining 1/2 cup oil in processor. Blend until mint is finely chopped and mixture is smooth, scraping down sides occasionally. Season mint dipping sauce with salt.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Thread shrimp onto skewers. Grill shrimp until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Serve with mint dipping sauce.
This recipe yields 12 first-course or 6 main-course servings.