Lemon Poppy Seed Shortbread
light & tart with a sprinkle of icing sugar for sweetness.
- 3/4 * 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 * 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 * 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 * 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 * 2 teaspoons sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Stir in poppy seeds and lemon juice. Gradually add flour; mix well. Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into a 4-in. circle. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Cut each circle into six wedges. Prick dough with a fork. Sprinkle with sugar.
2. Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Cool for 4 minutes before removing to wire racks. Break into wedges when cool.