Grilled Tuna With Herbed Aioli
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tuna steaks abt 1"-thk - (7 oz ea)
Whisk together first 6 ingredients in shallow dish for marinade. Place mayonnaise in separate small bowl. Whisk in 1 1/2 tablespoons marinade. Set aioli aside.
Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Place fish in marinade in dish, turning to coat evenly. Marinate 1 hour at room temperature, turning fish occasionally.
Oil grill rack. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill fish to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium. Top fish with aioli and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Serve with: Steamed new potatoes and mixed green salad with a citrus vinaigrette.
Dessert: A lemon tart from the bakery.