Spinach and Gruyere Quiche
Fat free half and half and refrigerated egg product make this egg dish lower in calories and fat than most other recipes.
MAKES: 10 servings
5 weightwatcher points
- Baked Oil Pastry
- 3 ounces Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 2 1/2 cups refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 10 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half or fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Adapted from dailyrecipe.com
1. Prepare Baked Oil Pastry. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Shred Gruyere cheese; you should have 3/4 cup. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the cheese.
2. In a large bowl, beat together remaining cheese, the egg, spinach, half-and-half, thyme, and pepper. Pour egg mixture into Baked Oil Pastry.
3. Bake for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with the reserved 2 tablespoons cheese. If necessary to prevent over browning, cover edge of quiche with foil. Bake about 10 minutes more or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 10 servings.