Cream Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
- 10 - 12 large "stuffer" mushroom caps with stems
- 1/2 block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup packed chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from littlespicejar.com
1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Using a wet towel wipe the mushrooms and remove the stems. Chop the stems finely. Heat a small skillet with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and cook the stems for 5 - 6 minutes or until the stems reduce to about half the size.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, chopped spinach, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, scallions, cooked mushroom stems, salt and pepper.
4. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley and granulated garlic.
5. Arrange the mushroom caps on a baking sheet, cavity side up, and spoon the cream cheese filling into the mushroom cavities. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over each mushroom. Drizzle the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil over the filling in the mushroom caps.
6. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated though and golden at the top, about 12 minutes.
You'll also love
- Easy Vegan Avocado Lemon Basil... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- No Bake Raw Vegan Oatmeal Raisin... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Easy Corn-On-The-Cob 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Zucchini and Corn Veggie Burgers 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Big Jim's WORLD FAMOUS Spinach... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Farmer's Fridge Mediterranean... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Spinach Salad with Garlic Dressing 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- TENDERLOIN OF BEEF WITH RED WINE... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)