Black Bean, Yellow Pepper, And Cumin Chili
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion - (12 oz) coarsely chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 4 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chilies
- 3 cans black beans - (15 oz ea) well drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with roasted garlic - (14 1/2 oz ea)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and cumin seeds; sauté until onion is soft and golden, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Add chipotle chilies and stir 30 seconds.
Add black beans, diced tomatoes with juices, and vegetable broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer uncovered until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
Transfer 2 cups chili to processor. Blend to coarse paste; return to pot. Simmer chili to thicken, if desired. Season chili to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated. Rewarm over medium-low heat before serving.)
This recipe yields 6 servings.