Shrimp Fried Rice With Ginger
- 1 package rice pilaf mix with toasted almonds - --(6.6 oz)
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 4 1/2 cups mixed chopped assorted salad bar veggies (such as broccoli florets, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and red onion
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cook rice with its flavoring packet according to package directions.
Heat sesame oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables, shrimp, ginger, and garlic. Stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender and shrimp are just opaque in center, about 4 minutes.
Add cooked rice and hoisin sauce to skillet. Stir to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 4 servings.