Strawberry Cobbler with Cream Cheese
Make this just once, and this luscious strawberry cobbler with melted and bubbling cream cheese will become one of your go-to dessert recipes.
- 1stick1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 11 egg, lightly beaten
- 1cup1 cup milk
- 1cup1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1cup1 cup sugar
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2quarts2 quarts whole strawberries, capped and washed
- 4ounces4 ounces cream cheese, cut in small pieces
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Melt butter and pour into a 9- by 13-inch glass baking dish.
In a small bowl, mix egg, milk, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour over butter in the baking dish, but do not stir.
Add strawberries, arranging in a single layer, then sprinkle cream cheese pieces over top.
Baker 45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and edges are bubbling. Crust will rise up around the strawberries, but some fruit will still peek out through the topping.