Rhubarb Crisp With Buttermilk Ice Cream
- 24 ounces fresh rhubarb trimmed, and cut into 1/2" pieces - (abt 5 cups)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Buttermilk Ice Cream (see recipe)
For Rhubarb: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients in large bowl to combine. Divide mixture among six 1-cup ramekins. Place ramekins on large baking sheet and bake rhubarb 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare Streusel: Mix golden brown sugar, chopped walnuts, flour, and butter in medium bowl. Crumble streusel over rhubarb, dividing equally. Bake until rhubarb mixture is bubbling and streusel is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Serve crisps warm with a scoop of Buttermilk Ice Cream.
This recipe yields 6 servings.