Cherry Jam Hand Pies
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup cherry or other jam
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with a tablespoon of water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Place puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll with a rolling pin until 1/8 inch thickness. Cut each sheet into 4 quarters, and place the quarters on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
3. Place a heaping 1-2 tablespoons of jam in the center of each piece of dough. Brush the dough edges with egg yolk and fold them over to form a triangle. Press the edges firmly closed.
4. Put the pies in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm them up.
5. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
6. While the pies are cooling slightly, make the glaze by mixing the sugar and the lemon juice with a fork. Drizzle the glaze over the warm pies.
7. Cool another 10 minutes or so and serve at once...these babies need to be eaten shortly after they are made for maximum deliciousness!