Candied Yams Made with Fresh Sweet Potatoes
Make some candied yams with sweet potatoes.
- 6-8 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 cup melted butter, plus 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup pecan chips
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from cooks.com
Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch round slices. Arrange potatoes in a lightly greased baking dish (approx. 13”x9”x2”).
Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans in a bowl. Sprinkle each layer of potatoes with the mixture. Pour 3/4 cup melted butter over potatoes evenly. Cover and back at 375°F for 30 minutes.
Remove, and baste with remaining 1/4 cup butter. Cover and continue baking for 30 minutes. (If transporting dish, stop here and continue last step at remote location – warm 5-10 minutes in oven before adding marshmallows).
Remove, sprinkle marshmallows evenly on top and continue baking without cover for 5 minutes.
You'll also love
- Cranberry-Glazed Cocktail Meatballs 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Blackened Tilapia with Secret Hobo... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Drop Cheesecake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chinese corn and crab soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Ratatouille 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Twice-Baked Potatoes (Pioneer... 3.9/5 (59 Votes)
- Sweet Potato-Topped Turkey Pot Pie 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Super Simple Sweet Potato Dog... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)