Apple Caramel Cheesecake- Winning Recipe
Combine delicious fall flavors, apple and caramel, for a seasonal twist on creamy cheesecake with this contest-winning recipe.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
Total Time: 10 hours, 25 minutes (must be refrigerated overnight)
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
Recipe Created By: Joe Shultz
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Winning recipe at the Unicoi County Apple Fest in Erwin, TN
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- (about 8 whole crackers)
- 3/4cup3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4cup1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1package1 package caramels (14 ounce)
- 2/3cup2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2cup1/2 cup pecans, chopped and divided
- 16ounces16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2large2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups apples, peeled and chopped (Honeycrisp variety recommended)
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Tips & NotesChoose firm, shiny and smooth-skinned apples with intact stems and fresh smell, not musty.
Adapted from http
1.Place a greased 9-inch springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 inches square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
2.In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, ¼ cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
3.In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook caramels and milk, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Pour 1 cup over crust, and sprinkle with ¼ cup pecans. Set remaining caramel mixture aside.
4.In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon flour and remaining sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Combine the apples, cinnamon and remaining flour, and fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust.
5.Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 inch of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
6.Reheat reserved caramel mixture if necessary; gently spoon over cheesecake. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
7.Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until center is just set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
Recipe From: Farm Flavor - www.farmflavor.com