Chipotle Deviled Eggs
A great variation on everyday normal deviled eggs, these Chipotle Deviled Eggs raise the bar with a slight smokey flavor achieved by adding Chipotle chiles. Easily adjusted to your preference and heat tolerance. Enjoy!
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons canned chipotle chiles, finely chopped
- 24 fresh cilantro leaves
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Place eggs in large saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover. Bring to simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer gently 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain eggs; cover with ice and water and let stand until cold.
Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Spoon yolks into small bowl; arrange whites on platter.
Finely grate yolks on small holes of box grater into medium bowl. Mix in mayonnaise, then 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle chiles. Add more chopped chiles, if desired, for more heat. Season filling to taste with salt, if desired.
Using pastry bag fitted with 1/2-inch-diameter star tip, pipe filling into egg whites. Cover and chill eggs at least 2 hours and up to 1 day. Press 1 cilantro leaf into filling in each egg and serve.
You'll also love
- Jacques Pepin's Beef Stew in Red... 3.9/5 (90 Votes)
- Best Homemade Hot Dog Buns-- In An... 4.2/5 (42 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato Salsa 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Garlic & Cheese Pull-Apart Bread 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Easy Classic Deviled Eggs 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Jalapeño, Crab, & Corn Dip 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Picadillo Poppers 4.6/5 (8 Votes)