White House Spinach Pie
Spinach dip is great served hot or cold. You can eat with crackers, chips or even add it to a sandwich. This recipe is so simple and delicious!
- 1 1 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 2 2 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 6 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1 1 pound fresh spinach
- to and pepper, to taste
- 2 2 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1 1 cup half and half
- 1 1 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 1 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 6 6 6 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 8 8 ounce swiss cheese, grated
Adapted from google.com
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, drizzle in the olive oil. Add garlic and onion and saute until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Do not let the garlic burn. Add the spinach, a little at a time and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half. Add lemon zest and thyme. Add spinach, feta cheese and half the swiss. Mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the mixture carefully in the pie crust and sprinkle with remaining swiss cheese evenly over top.
Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is set. Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.