Artichoke & Parmesan Strudel - Chris Abell
Cathy made this for parties.
- 2 9oz packages Frozen Artichoke Hearts
- 1 1/2 cup Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Minced Green Onions
- 1 cup Melted Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 tsp Dried Tarragon
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- Filo Dough
1. Simmer artichokes in lightly salted water for 3 minutes. Drain, pat dry and cut into bite size pieces. Trafer to medium bowl and cool. Add cheeses, eggs, green oinions. breadcrumbs, tarragon and mix.
2. Open filo dough on work surface. Stack 8 sheets with butter on top of each. Mound 2 cups of filling. Crisscross 3" one end of filo. Cover filling with 3" filo border, folding in ends. Roll jelly roll fashion. Brush with butter and make 2 more rolls.
3. Preheat oven to 400. Arrange rolls same side donw on baking sheets, spacing 6" apart. Brush rolls all over with butter. Bake until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out hot. (approx 35-30min)