Mango-Macadamia Nut Ice-Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk (do not use lowfat or nonfat)
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large ripe mangoes - (abt 22 oz) peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts toasted, and coarsely chopped
Bring 2 cups whipping cream and 1 cup milk to boil in heavy large saucepan. Whisk yolks and sugar to blend in medium bowl. Gradually whisk hot cream into yolk mixture. Return to same saucepan. Stir over low heat until custard thickens and leaves path on back of spoon when finger is drawn across, about 5 minutes.
Immediately transfer custard to blender. Add mangoes and blend until smooth. Chill custard. Stir in remaining ingredients. Process in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Freeze ice cream in covered container. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead.)
This recipe yields about 5 cups.