No-Bake Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
- 1 box (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25 Golden Oreos (or another vanilla flavored cookie/graham cracker)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 containers (8 ounces each) Cool Whip Topping (see note about using fresh whipped cream)
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced and patted dry
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from crazyforcrust.com
Whisk pudding, milk, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Let it sit while you prepare the crust.
Crush the cookies in a large gallon sized ziploc bag using a rolling pin. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cookie crumbs. Place the 2 tablespoons melted butter in the bag and press with your hands to work the butter through the remaining cookie crumbs. Pour crumbs into a 9” square baking dish. The crust won’t be solid, it’ll stay crumbly.
Fold 8 ounces of the whipped topping into the pudding. Place half the pudding mixture on top of the crust. Place the strawberries in a single layer over the pudding. Spread remaining pudding mix over the top of the berries. Top with more whipped topping and sprinkle the remaining cookies over the top.
Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.