Peach Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peaches thawed, drained, and chopped. (reserve the juice)
- For the glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons reserved peach juice
Preparation time 25mins
Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Lightly grease and flour a 9x5-inch pan.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a whisk. Gradually stir into the butter mixture. Gently fold in the peaches. Spread the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes our clean.
Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Make the glaze: In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add the sugar, beating until smooth. Add the peach juice, beat until blended.
You can use fresh peaches if you like. Peel, remove the pits, and chop them up. Use the juice from a can of peaches for the frosting, if you choose to go this route. Alternatively you can use 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract to flavor the frosting.