Best Peach Pie
Sweet and peachy fresh peach pie is a perfect summer dessert. Serve warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Brush egg white over unbaked pastry shell; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle two-thirds into pastry; top with peaches. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
Bake at 375°F for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and peaches are tender.
Yield: 6-8 servings.