Turkey Cheese Burgers
- 2/3 cup fresh sourdough breadcrumbs (abt 1 large slice)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon (or 1 tspn dried tarragon, crumbled)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - (generous)
- 2/3 pound ground turkey meat
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Sliced Gouda or other cheese
- Red onion slices
Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Add ground turkey and generous amount of pepper. Form mixture into two 1/2-inch-thick patties.
Pour thin layer of oil into heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add patties. Cover and fry until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Top each patty with cheese. Cover and cook until just melted.
Transfer to plates. Top with onion slices and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled or tripled.