- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen raspberries or blackberries, divided
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9”-diameter cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick spray. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
Whisk eggs, ricotta, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth; fold into dry ingredients just until blended. Then fold in butter, followed by ¾ cup raspberries, taking care not to crush berries. Scrape batter into prepared pan and scatter remaining ¼ cup raspberries over top.
Bake cake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 50–60 minutes. Let cool at least 20 minutes before unmolding.
Do Ahead: Cake can be made 2 days ahead. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.