Raspberry Poppy Seed Vinegairette
- 3 T red onion, chopped
- 3 T raspberry jam (or strawberry, mixed berry, boysenberry...any berry jam will do)
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C + 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1 T honey mustard
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 1 T poppy seeds
1. Chop yourself some red onion. Place 3 tablespoons worth into a blender, or if you have an immersion blender toss them into a tall jar.
2. Add 3 tablespoons raspberry jam, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey mustard and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Blend it until it's well combined.
3. Add 1/2 cup oil to the blending jar, just a little bit at a time, blending after each portion is added. If you add all of the oil at once the dressing will be really thin and runny. Just add about 2 tablespoons at a time and all will be well.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds to the dressing and stir it in with a spoon. Don't blend the poppy seeds in, just give them a nice stir. Serve over a salad of your choice and enjoy! Store leftovers in the refrigerator.