Crab Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb. elbow pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb. lump crab meat
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large pot of boiling water, cook elbows according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallot and garlic and cook until fragrant and softened, 3 minutes. Add flour and whisk until combined and golden, 1 minute. Add milk and season with salt and pepper. Simmer 2 minutes, until sauce is thickened and smooth.
3. Stir in 1/2 cup white cheddar and mozzarella until melty, then remove from heat.
4. Add sauce and crab meat to pot with cooked elbows and stir until completely combined.
5. Sprinkle with remaining white cheddar and parsley and bake until bubbly, 20 minutes.