Chickpea and Couscous Salad
- 8 oz green beans, halved crosswise
- kosher salt
- 1 C pearled couscous
- 1 tsp evoo
- 1/4 C raw sunflower seeds*
- 1 15.5 oz can chick peas, rinsed
- 4 oz crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 C evoo
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ground pepper
1. Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. (or in waterless cookware for 10 minutes on low after the seal forms).
2. Cook pearl couscous according to the package.
3. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook sunflower seeds, tossing occasionally, until golden brown (about 5 minutes). Let cool.
4. Toss green beans, couscous, sunflower seeds, chickpeas, feta, dill, lemon juice and vinaigrette in a large bowl.
1. Toast coriander, cumin and thyme seeds in a dry small skillet over medium heat, tossing until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
2. Let cool, then chop.
3. Whisk with oil, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Pork Shumai Meatballs 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Sambuseh With Lentils & Potatoes 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Warm Mushroom Salad With Bacon,... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pasta with Sausage, Red Peppers &... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Southwestern Taco Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo ( Light and... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- DUCK CONFIT RAVIOLI 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- African Chickpea and Spinach Soup 4/5 (2 Votes)