White Bean Dip With Chips And Sticks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cans cannellini beans - (15 oz ea) rinsed, drained (white kidney beans)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Additional minced fresh cilantro for garnish
- Fresh vegetables (such as carrot sticks, celery sticks, and cauliflower)
- Tortilla chips
Finely chop garlic in processor. Add beans and lemon juice and puree. Mix in oil, cumin and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper. Add 3 tablespoons cilantro and mix in using on/off turns. Transfer to large bowl. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Sprinkle dip with cilantro. Serve with vegetables and chips.
This recipe yields 12 servings.