Asian Glazed Salmon with Edamame Rice Recipes
- 1/4 cup mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 four ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 scallions, finely sliced n the diagonal
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Ingredients for Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2.25 ounce bag Crunchies Grilled Edamame
In a shallow baking dish, combine the mirin, soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil. Add the salmon fillets and let marinate for 3 minutes, flip and let marinate on the other side.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon fillets and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the salmon over and cook for another 2 – 4 minutes depending on how done you like your salmon. Remove from pan and pour the marinade into the hot skillet. Add the rice vinegar and cook, stirring until the sauce reduces slightly, about 2 minutes. Pour the sauce over the salmon, garnish with the scallions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Directions for rice
Combine the water, salt, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, rice and Grilled Edamame in a saucepan, stir to combine and bring to a boil. Cover the pan, reduce to a simmer and let simmer for 20 – 25 minutes or until all the water has evaporated. Fluff with a fork, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.