Curried Carrot Soup
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- yogurt, to serve
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the curry powder, onion and ginger. Cook until the onion is soft. Add carrots and cook, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time. Pour in stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
2. Blend/Puree the soup until smooth. Return to the saucepan and gently reheat. Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste. Ladle into bowls and garnish with a swirl of yogurt and the chopped parsley or cilantro.