Sensational Sirloin Kabobs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 4 ounces Sprite
- 2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and cubed
Adapted from foodgawker.com
1. In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, light brown sugar, vinegar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, garlic pepper seasoning, and Sprite. Reserve 1/2 cup of this marinade for basting.
2. Place steak in a large Ziploc bag.
3. Pour in the marinade, and seal.
4. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
5. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil.
6. Add green peppers, and cook for 1 minute, just to blanch. Drain, and set aside.
7. Preheat grill for high heat.
8. Thread steak, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and pineapple onto skewers in an alternating fashion.
9. Discard marinade and the bag.
10. Lightly oil the grill grate.
11. Cook kabobs for 10 minutes, or to desired doneness.
12. Baste frequently with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking.